Carpets are found in nearly every home and office as they reduce noise levels significantly. No matter how hard you try, eventually the carpet will become a victim of spills, drips and accidental dirt. However, by implementing some tips from Brilliance Carpet Cleaning Perth your carpet will look its best for longer in between that essential professional clean.
- When liquid is spilled onto the carpet blot it up with a soft towel, cloth or paper. But be sure to blot from the outside towards the centre so the stain doesn’t spread.
- Never rub the carpet as this can break the fibres and spread the dirt.
- Club soda can be used as an effective stain remover. Place some on a cloth and start blotting as above.
- Another good stain remover is equal parts of white vinegar and water. Put it into a spray bottle to make applying it easier. Spray, let it soak for up to 15 minutes, then blot. Repetition will bring success for stubborn stains.
- Shaving cream applied directly to stains is also effective. Leave for 30 minutes then clean off with your vinegar and water spray solution. Remember to blot, not wipe.
- Have the kids left chewing gum on the carpet? Use ice cubes to freeze it solid, then lift and cut off trapped carpet fibres as close as possible to the gum. Don’t try to pull it off as that will tear the fibres out from the base of the carpet
- If you get grease or fat on the carpet, use a solution of water and dishwashing liquid. Spray it on and blot several times over for the best result, and contact the professionals at Carpet Cleaning Perth.